Wills & Trusts
Although Devine Law Offices, LLC remains committed to ensuring the health of your business, a comprehensive estate plan is vital to ensuring the financial well being of your family and your company. The attorneys at Devine Law Offices will show you how estate planning provides for the disposition of your estate and the ongoing solvency of your business after death.
All individuals, but especially business owners, should ask themselves several questions:
- Do I have a plan to provide for my family if I die in the next year?
- Do I know where my assets will go after death?
- What happens to my children if my spouse and I die simultaneously?
- Do I have a plan to ensure that my business continues if something happens to me in the next year?
- Is there protection for my assets from unnecessary taxation upon my death?
- Are my wishes regarding ongoing medical treatment made clear to my spouse/agent if I am incapacitated?
- Will my spouse/agent be able to sign critical financial documents if I am incapacitated?
The above questions are just a few of the questions that every person should ask and it is critically important to understand that there can be serious ramifications for family and for businesses if necessary steps are not taken to ensure continuity of assets after death.
Estate Planning Attorney Lancaster PA
For personal/family estate planning, three elements form the base for any estate plan:
- Last Will and Testament
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Advanced Medical Directive (Living Will)
With very few exceptions, an estate plan that does not contain these three documents is an incomplete estate plan.
The ever-changing and complex estate/inheritance tax laws should not be navigated alone. The attorneys at Devine Law Offices, LLC can help you create a comprehensive estate plan to ensure that you are able to maximize your estate for future generations.